Get a Room!

• misterjoshua

May 23, 2017 at 3:29 am

Testing some bbcode

mister__joshua wrote:

Jan
    Tuesday, 26 November, 11:34; Storage unit under Alaska Way viaduct, Downtown, Seattle Metroplex

Jan laughed from the doorway at Al’s guidance of Tanya’s getup. “So just get her to dress up how you like, eh?” Al looked a little relieved to see Jan and redress the balance of personalities in the room. Jan looked different. Clean. He’d showered and slept, and his clothes were new.
    “Scrubbing dried blood from the nails takes a while, and I decided catch a few hours kip. Sorry” he finished, by way of a non-apology. “Got a decentish return. And some intel….” He trailed off without offering the information, as if that would satisfy the needs of the group.

“So, where we at with proceedings? What you cowboys been up to?”

• misterjoshua

May 23, 2017 at 3:30 am

Ok, so the colour codes are off. I’l try and find out the new ones. πŸ™‚

If we could stick to a colour scheme of some sort it really helps me out with the blocks of text.

• mercy

May 24, 2017 at 12:07 pm

Someone will have to show me how to use the color codes because I am lost.

• obidancer

Administrator
    May 24, 2017 at 12:36 pm

Add [ color = colorname ] before your colored text and [ /color ] after, both without any space character.
    Colorname is whichever you want: orange, blue, red, yellowgreen etc

[ color=orange ]orange colored text [ /color ]

• mercy

May 24, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Thanks. I got that to work. Do we want to standardize the color scheme? Red for talking, green for matrix, etc?

• misterjoshua

May 26, 2017 at 3:28 am

I’ve always gone with Aria’s original 2072 colour scheme which was:
    Post Tag
    Speech
    Matrix

I then added
    Matrix voice

The yellow doesn’t show up so well on the white background though.

I always assumed John’s text was red because of his robot voice πŸ˜›

• mercy

May 30, 2017 at 1:43 pm

There is a lot of public information on one Lady Tanya Astasia Marisart, if anyone wants to look her up. For those that do, you will find the following:

She comes by the title legitimately as she is the daughter of a British Viscount that got himself killed, along with her mother and two brothers, in a traffic accident that cost Tanya an arm and put her in hospital for some months of surgeries and subsequent healing. The laws of inheritance dictated that everything in the estate go to the nearest living male heir, so Tanya was pretty much disinherited from a significant fortune and lands, to include her home. Her mother had had quite a bit of money that she had wisely not dropped into the estate and so Tanya was the recipient of a trust fund managed by her distant cousin, the new Viscount. She was linked somehow to a scandal of some sort that involved a party where a man died while drugged to the gills and having sex with the underage daughter of a member of parliament. Tanya had not been present at the house but her name was floated about and her cousin was Not Pleased.

He exiled her to Seattle, where she currently is listed as residing at the Gates Undersound Hotel. She has fit into the socialite role quite well and is a staple at most of the major parties and celebrations held by the social elite of the city. She sits on the boards of and donates large sums of money to various charities, to include the Seattle Museum, Seattle Zoo, and the Seattle Opera House. One paragraph lists several orphanages, street clinics, and school lunch programs that claim on tax records to be partially or mostly funded by her and she has endowed a scholarship program for deserving students so that they can attend universities. One of her pet projects is a work program designed to provide training and technical education to low income areas of the city. Apparently apolitical, she has been in several well-publicized public arguments with the governor and mayor over their spending priorities, often at odds with the very social elite she is part of. The files will have lots of pictures of her at one various site or another. Some are obviously publicity stills, but others seem to be candid shots of her walking and talking with the people of Redmond and other blighted areas. One article was written by a man who had been sent out to get the dirt on her and had followed her as she worked for a couple of weeks at time in several of the clinics and orphanages she funds. The reporter had ended up one of her biggest fans and has described her as “A tireless worker for the betterment and self-improvement of the less fortunate. Lady Marisart believes that simply throwing money at a problem does not fix it and that some changes need to be made at the fundamental level. And who can argue with that feeling, having witnessed public donations of money drop into a sinkhole of political graft and mismanagement. At least Miss Marisart takes an active role in making sure that her money gets to where it can do the most good. I would lift a toast to Lady Marisart and wish there were more like in the elite stratosphere of Seattle society.”

Besides the good stuff, she is also linked to some scandals involving married men and/or women and is rumored to be pretty much ambivalent about which sex she takes to her bed or how many partners she has had in the several years she has been in Seattle. She has been photographed at various trending night spots, such as Dante’s Inferno and other clubs, with a number of partners, but no actual pictures involving any of the various sex acts attributed to her have ever surfaced. She is not one to kiss and tell and has a formal policy of answering “No Comment” to any requests for that sort of information. In essence, rumor and scandal swirl around her without anything really sticking, but even her biggest detractors on the gossip trids are quick to point out that she does a great deal for the underprivileged neighborhoods of the greater sprawl.

• mercy

June 1, 2017 at 12:01 pm

That Glo just does not want to answer Al’s question about what she knows of Triad Tanya, does she? I wonder what she is hiding………?

• adamu

June 10, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Okay – Al’s initiative is 31.

First action is Center (Free) Call shot vitals (free) aim for one more die (simple) and shoot (simple). Handloaded APDS.
    shoot bodyguard: 15d6t5 4

Unsurprised thug defends with 8 dice.
    Defense vs. Al’s shot: 8d6t5 1

So he soaks 18 with body, toughness, and 9 armor minus my -8 AP.
    So if he hits on all six dice he’s stil down and that saves me another trip to Orokos.

Now I suppose we’ll see what Jan does….

• misterjoshua

June 11, 2017 at 4:18 am

Sorry chaps, the games moving far too fast for me at the moment. Keep going and I’ll post when I can. I’ll assume Jan is with Al on the roof, and can take a shot if needed though he only has an AK-97 of his own.

• aria

June 11, 2017 at 6:01 pm
    267 wrote:

That Glo just does not want to answer Al’s question about what she knows of Triad Tanya, does she? I wonder what she is hiding………?

Sorry, thought I handed over Silk’s info on Lady T…

• misterjoshua

June 12, 2017 at 4:38 am

Cheers for acting on my behalf Jack. Also, it seems my OP character is out of date but that’s fine for now πŸ™‚

• aria

June 12, 2017 at 7:13 am

So you’ve captured target 1… Glo will continue with her (rather fruitless) stakeout until you call us all back in. She’ll be a bit peeved if you off her source of intel before she has a nice chat with him herself πŸ˜€

Will be interesting to see if the evening meeting still goes ahead without a key player…maybe Rick will turn up???

• jack_spade

June 12, 2017 at 7:42 am

One less moving part we have to worry about. I’ll leave the interrogation scene to Jan and Al πŸ˜€

(And I know what I’ll have to do with my accumulated Karma: Increase my hacking skill)

• misterjoshua

June 13, 2017 at 8:33 am

How do you guys keep playing so fast! I was going to try and put up a post today but the story’s moved on about 5 times ?

• jack_spade

June 13, 2017 at 8:37 am

Enthusiasm for the story and free time at work πŸ˜›

• adamu

June 13, 2017 at 8:55 am

Mr. J – I’ll hold off on my next post until you’ve had a chance to put something up.

No hurries no worries!

• jack_spade

June 14, 2017 at 1:54 am

Holding off for the moment too, we don’t want to lose your input πŸ˜€

• misterjoshua

June 14, 2017 at 7:00 am

Haha. My ‘input’ is hardly earth-shattering πŸ˜›

• jack_spade

June 20, 2017 at 3:16 am

Just for your info:
    I’m waiting for Mr. J before I reply since this will require a different approach if he is also on board.

Page 1 of 52