Get a Room!

Home Forums RPG Playroom Suggestion Box

• Suggestion Box

Posted by obidancer on April 27, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Open to suggestions: what features and functionality would the users like to have?

adamu replied 5 years ago 9 Members · 88 Replies
  • 88 Replies
  • aria

May 10, 2017 at 11:31 am

Would it be possible to migrate a DS IC thread over here? Not copy it wholesale but continue where we left off? Can we make new ‘rooms’ to accommodate different IC threads, and is there a limit to how much we can store here?

• obidancer

Administrator
    May 10, 2017 at 12:34 pm

Yes! The more the merrier!
    You are moderator so I think you should have the ability to add rooms. If not let me know, I’ll see to it.
    And no to the limit. I trust the server can have handle a heavy load. If things get weird, just let me know.

• aria

May 10, 2017 at 3:18 pm

Hmmm…can’t see an obvious way of creating a new room / topic??

• aria

May 10, 2017 at 4:38 pm

Oh, and can you get it to report how many posts an individual has made in a thread (like DS does)?

• obidancer

Administrator
    May 10, 2017 at 11:31 pm

@Aria you should now find the ability to add new forums in your Profile > New Forums
    Create a new one and make its Parent 2075: Stormy Waters, so to keep things organized.

As for the post count, each profile show the user total replies but it encompasses all the different topics.
    This function will require some special coding., though I like the idea. Can you point me to where does this show in DS?

• aria

May 11, 2017 at 3:23 am

Each thread has a post count which is a link to a pop up that lists who has posted in that thread… it’s why I initially based 2075 rewards on post count as it was easy to calculate!

Although having looked at my profile the data may be there!

• aria

May 12, 2017 at 2:58 am

From the Stormy Waters page: The forum β€˜2075: Stormy Waters’ is closed to new topics and replies. I’ve seen the New Forum bit but it won’t let me put it under Stormy Waters πŸ˜›

• obidancer

Administrator
    May 12, 2017 at 9:55 am

Oops, sorry about that. It’s open now, you can add to Stormy Water.

• aria

May 12, 2017 at 11:06 am

Ok, next silly question…how do I then get it to show up in the Rooms link?? Or is that something you need to do?

• obidancer

Administrator
    May 12, 2017 at 1:02 pm

Yes I’ll take care of that.

• aria

May 14, 2017 at 4:57 pm

Great. If you can move Triads and Tribulations somewhere we can all see it I will get things migrated from DS. On a side note Mr J seems to be struggling to make a user profile here, can you help?

Thanks

• obidancer

Administrator
    May 19, 2017 at 11:04 pm

Sorry, just saw that post. Have Mr. J send me a message on obidancer@hotmail.com
    I’ll see how I can help.
    And I can’t see myself where you’ve made Triads and Tribulations! Do you see it in your account?

• aria

May 20, 2017 at 12:40 am

No, I looked and couldn’t see it so maybe I didn’t do it correctly πŸ˜›

I think Mr J wants to run it on MythWeavers so may ask you to rename it πŸ™‚

• jack_spade

May 20, 2017 at 9:35 am

Hiho,
    it seems as if the edit button for posts has vanished. I think that one is quite essential πŸ˜€

• obidancer

Administrator
    May 20, 2017 at 10:20 am

That should be fixed now. It was set to 5 min.
    @Aria sure thing, just let me know.

• misterjoshua

May 23, 2017 at 3:37 am

Hey Obi. Cheers, got my account working now.

Some ideas for your suggestion box πŸ˜€

– Is there a bbcode guide for colour tags? They seem to be different from the ones on Dumpshock (my orange turned green). Maybe there’s just a list of accepted colours?
    – Is it possible to have a text editor be part of the posting to save people having to type out the bbcode? I don’t mind if not cos I use bbcode a lot, but some people might not.
    – Mythweavers have a really cool ‘roll’ bbcode command that rolls dice for you. Dunno how hard that is to implement. I imagine quite hard. If you could do it though that would be ace!

Cheers
    Josh

• obidancer

Administrator
    May 23, 2017 at 8:33 am

Welcome on board, Josh!
    So I’ve ran a couple tests and it seems your color change is because of the ” ” you’re adding after [ color=
    example: [ color = orange ] Orange color
    [ color = “orange” ] Not so Orange anymore

• misterjoshua

May 26, 2017 at 3:24 am

Haha. That’s weird. Ok I’ll give it a try. I was using #codes though.

Cheers!

• obidancer

Administrator
    May 26, 2017 at 11:39 am

The #codes will work too, just don’t use “-“

• misterjoshua

May 31, 2017 at 3:19 am

Ok cheers.

Some more suggestions:
    Quote Post
    Preview post
    Have forums be white text on black background

The last one isn’t important, but I always liked how dumpshock was white text on black. Any chance we could flip it or do people prefer the black on white?

Page 1 of 5