Get a Room!

Home Forums 2075: Stormy Waters Panzerknacker Texas Hold'em 2078 [OOC] 2

• Texas Hold'em 2078 [OOC] 2

Posted by jack_spade on February 2, 2019 at 6:54 am

New Threat for the game.
    Since we are near the endgame, maybe one of you can repost all the previous clues…

adamu replied 5 years, 1 month ago 7 Members · 184 Replies
  • 184 Replies
  • adamu

February 2, 2019 at 8:57 am

Last IC very interesting.

Just looking at what the goat told Becky, it seems the thing is not fully awake yet.

Can its Dreams actually manifest as Reality in our world?

Who is it that came before, that was from the Void? Something to do with Noir? Who else “came before”?

Trick with PbP is that all the clues our characters hear are happening over a few hours, but for us players it is spread over months, interspersed with going to work and taking care of our kids!
    I’ll look back at old clues on OP and then try to review recent stuff, but super busy with kids and family today.

• jack_spade

February 2, 2019 at 9:41 am

Since adamu made me aware of it:
    Don’t feel under time pressure to resolve your discussion. I moved Ichante forward only to give you all some information on the environment.
    There is nothing stopping anyone from turning back. What you will notice is, that you can’t dial the orb up enough to quench the mana flow that keeps the portal open (and yes, I’m taking cues from Stargate SG 1)

• adamu

February 2, 2019 at 10:18 am

All I needed was the answers about whether we need the Orb on the other side. That is now clear.

Everything else that I’ve outlined IC and OOC I am pretty confident of (see my OOC answer to Gilga on why we need to go in).

Last IC a bit pushy.

And I had Ichante give a ‘thumbs up’ and Becky tell us what the goat said.
    If either of those were out of line, please just shout and I’ll edit, of course.

But if my IC wasn’t clear enough, I am now 100% committed, OOC and IC, to hitting the pyramid with everything we can.
    But, to be fair, not all may agree. And there are indeed useful roles outside.

• aria

February 2, 2019 at 1:18 pm

Jazz’s drones are autonomous anyway, she might as well join you ?

• adamu

February 2, 2019 at 1:32 pm

Great – heck, bring some with – Jack hinted that would work….they are great because they are unaffected by BCG and immune to many spirit powers.

Anyway, been thinking about “the one who came before.”

Thinking it is Noir – as in, she came to the farm, and was also first in the antechamber.
    And by saying she was from the Void but we are not, it means she was already a Black Magic practitioner, which is attuned to the BCG here. Which would be a big threat to these nasties.
    But we are not attuned, so they think we will win if we come to their turf.
    ??????????????????????????????

• jack_spade

February 2, 2019 at 4:13 pm

Ah, no. Noir was just another player character like you all – fair playing field and all that.

Just ask yourself: Who build the Thornskate Thicket?

• adamu

February 2, 2019 at 5:56 pm

It was built by Al’s sometime companion in horror-hunting and full-time psycho immortal Shrike Redback.

And Al knows this – back in 2077 he heard Shrike say that Rødrygget Tornskate was one of his names.

But isn’t it sort of cheating to just phone up a PC that belongs to the GM and ask for info? I’m sure he’d be happy to explain things in detail to Al (if he could remember them) – but that just seemed a bit 4th-wall breaking…..though I probably should have at least done an iC post trying but failing to reach him, just for fun…..

Anyway, the goat said “He” not “She” about the ‘one who came before’.

So he’s talking about Shrike, the guy that built the place, as the one that came from the Void – since Shrike is in fact a walking mana void.
    So one mystery solved.

But now my new worry is the goat’s last words to Becky.
    He’s offering Becky exactly the same deal (note the quick healing promise) that Noir seems to have already received….

BUT – none of us has any knowledge of the scene where Noir talks to the two heads, so can’t really add that clue to the mix (as if we weren’t suspicious enough already).

Though even if Noir did make a deal where she gets the Unbreakable’s power in exchange for saving it from another few thousand years of pain and boredom, that still doesn’t mean she’s not on our side – if it is now invested in an existence in our world, it doesn’t want to see this world destroyed either….

Lot of maybes……

• jack_spade

February 2, 2019 at 6:53 pm

I wouldn’t say cheating – just futile at a moment like this. (And it just shows that Al knows God and the World)

Noir did inadvertently accelerate a part of my story that would have otherwise involved Maria (It’s kind of eerie how that played out actually), which is why for now Maria is relatively safe and sound.

As a side note: All sapient characters in this play have motivation beyond mere antagonism. It’s a trap to think they do their thing just to visit harm upon you or other NPCs.

• Tecumseh

February 3, 2019 at 1:27 am

I think the goat is just trying to fast-talk Becky into becoming a shedim. I’m amused at how far Gilga has gone with the suggestion.

Ichante, feeling the mana, would comm to send Preston and Jazz.

As for the orb, it’s tricky. I still think it needs to end up in Texas, but perhaps bringing it to the pyramid can help advance our efforts there, whatever they are. Or not, maybe bringing the orb over is a terrible idea.

• jack_spade

February 3, 2019 at 6:50 am

Shedim lie habitually – and the best lies are 9/10 truth with a devastating 10%

• beta

February 3, 2019 at 7:22 pm

Jack, Preston’s question is really for you. He has the asthma negative quality (actually lingering damage from being made to eat a tear gas grenade), and is trying to figure out if he needs to be proactive in not breathing the dust over there.

• adamu

February 4, 2019 at 1:10 pm

I’ve updated my last IC just to add in Ichante messaging her recommendation that the mundanes would be useful – per Tecumseh’s instruction above.

Becky’s last IC intention was to go ahead and go over, so I’ve left in the bit about her showing up in the antechamber with the goat.

So for now it looks like Al and Ichante confirmed through the portal, with Preston and Becky having stated intentions to do so.

But I’m not inclined to post forward for the Red Sands group until we see what side Jazz chooses to be on.

• adamu

February 4, 2019 at 1:16 pm

Whoa – there’s Preston confirmed across while I was typing.

So I threw up a pure RP post – mostly been looking for a chance to see if Al and Preston can establish any mutual acquaintances in Seattle. That’s always fun.

• Tecumseh

February 4, 2019 at 2:03 pm

Responded to the RP post.

@gilga My IC post references the And The Rain Keeps Falling game we played in together 2 years ago. That was my first draft of Ichante.

• adamu

February 4, 2019 at 5:18 pm

@Jack_Spade

Now that we (all six of us?) are at the base of the pyramid, how are we doing on BCG-at-Orb? Still -2 and getting worse at 2-meter intervals?
    And how is the Orb holding up?

@All

No idea what sort of opposition we are going to face in resetting this mess to whatever state of equilibrium it is supposed to be in, but it’s a safe bet we’ll need magic.
    So if at any point the BCG gets crippling, I’m thinking it will then become worth it to use an Edge to try to dial this thing in our favor.
    Both Al and Ichante have the failed-once -2 penalty, so it’ll be tricky – hopefully Ichante will help out. Does anyone else have enough Arcana dice to help with a Teamwork test?

• beta

February 4, 2019 at 5:29 pm

No Arcana on Preston (and it is one of those skills you can’t default on, I think)

• jack_spade

February 5, 2019 at 12:49 am

The -2 from the previous tries has passed – new environment, also the bgc is higher again despite the orb
    Within its radius you are at +7 now
    The orb is noticeable warm and slightly vibrating

• adamu

February 5, 2019 at 4:22 am

BCG 7 with the Orb!!!!

Yikes.

Well, it’s fix this thing or face this challenge with no magic whatsoever.
    I am guessing that once we do get it dialled in that it will quickly start to vibrate and heat up more, so we’ll have to be quick – we should wait to do it until the last possible moment….

@Jack_Spade
    Are we still just looking for three successes, or would more be beneficial?

• aria

February 5, 2019 at 5:06 am

Will try and get an IC up today, sorry I’ve not managed before now!

• jack_spade

February 5, 2019 at 7:54 am

@adamu
    More successes are always better

Page 1 of 10